Friday, September 23, 2011

If i cut the second muffler of my land rover exhaust.?

if i cut the second muffler of my land rover exhaust would it cause any damage to engine while i was driving? My thought is that i will just sound louder and there will still be enough backpressure from the other muffler to keepthe suv running good.|||I am assuming that the muffler you are talking about is down stream from a main muffler and catalytic converter. What you are talking about probably is a resonator. Resonators are put into exhaust systems to suppress a certain narrow band of noise frequencies. So, removing the resonator will make the exhaust louder but it may also make it raspy as opposed to the muscular boom you wish. If you take it off, I would not destroy it, just in case you need to reinstall the resonator.





Your engine will not be damaged by removing this muffler.

No comments:

Post a Comment