Saturday, October 1, 2011

Why wont my 98 Land Rover Discovery wont start after driving through water?

I drove through about half a foot of water and it sprayed up, I then smelled some smoke and when I got to my house I turned my car off. When I went to start my car and I put my keys into the ignition I hear nothing and it will not turn on. Please help.|||Since it was only half a foot of water, and since it's a land rover, I doubt the water "hydro-locked" your engine. What may have happened is the water somehow jarred loose or shorted the battery terminals. Check those out, or get anyone who knows a little about cars to do a quick inspection for you.





Check all your caps to make sure they were tight. Also make sure all the wiring is dry, especially around the MAF sensor. I doubt these are the problem though.








It's a land rover; you'll be ok.|||Doubt if it's anything to do with the water, although anything can go wrong with the L.R. The first thing to do is check the battery terminals are clean and tightened properly, it may just be a coincidence that you got the trouble after going through the water, unless the spray got on to the battery, which it shouldn't have, and caused some sort of short, which would explain the smell.|||because its a landrover

No comments:

Post a Comment