Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is the 2003 Land-rover Discovery a reliable car?

I'm looking for a car that is very reliable. My interest is more toward the 2003 land-rover discovery, but is that car a very good one? Does it last for a long time? Does it normally tend to have to have a lot of repairs done to it? I'm debating on buying it as a first car. If this isn't a reliable car, does anyone have any other ideas?|||Sorry, "Land Rover" and "reliable" are never used in the same sentence.





Part of owning one is knowing that you're going to be without it for several days each month. Every Land Owner I have known has regretted ever owning one.





And, as said before, parts are VERY expensive for Land Rovers. Once they go out of warranty, they become huge money pits. The sad thing is, people still see them as a "luxury" brand for some reason.





*EDIT -- "Tilen", yep I took some artistic licensing, sorry about that. However, in general terms Land Rovers are NOT reliable vehicles as the question inquires.|||Land Rover's are overpriced pieces of junk. They are not reliable, severely decline in value at a rapid rate and parts are very expensive for them.|||Well some answers here are just totally exaggerated. I'm up to my 3rd Land Rover and very happy. Like they say Land Rovers are not for everyone they are complicated and very expensive to fix that is why they depreciate fast. I have a Range 09 and don't wanna give up my 03 Disco mainly bec it is a workhorse.I drive to all parts of Illinois everyday being a visiting doctor and for 6 years now it never broke down on me. But I'm warning you the upkeep is expensive, premium gas, parts expensive and hard to find, you have to have extra money unless you buy an extended warranty that way you don't have to worry about the costs.


And as an owner I don't really care about the luxury or prestige part of it but it is the passion of owning and pleasure of driving one and that is unique.|||I would not recommend it for a first car. If you are buying a car for reliability you'd probably be better off with a Toyota. I have a Disco and never had problems with it but very expensive to maintain. They last long, very tough but needs a lot of TLC. And I would buy one these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment